Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What does an aspiring pilot do on rainy days?

This past week has been a bit lacking in the good flying weather department.  I've ended up with two lessons cancelled.  Pity, I am keen to get into flying the circuit and *hopefully* surprising everyone (including myself) by going solo in a relatively low number of hours.

As an aspiring pilot, I should be spending these bleak days immersing myself in the theoretical side of flying.  I do have another exam coming up in 17 days and my Aircraft Technical Knowledge manual sits beckoning...  I've never been much of a studier - I prefer to procrastinate although my procrastination these days isn't quite as unproductive as it used to be. 

I've been busy working on a new flying school website for our business and brainstorming/running numbers with my husband.  Working on this stuff, although not directly study related, has been expanding my knowledge of the aviation industry and challenging me to think more about airplanes than your average female. 

So, there you have it...  When it rains, I stay inside reading books, working at the computer, and thrashing out ideas with my husband.  Sounds a lot like what I used to do on nice days before I started flying...

No comments:

Post a Comment