Monday, August 2, 2010

Inaugural Blog Post

For most women, flying a spoonful of rice cereal into their baby's mouth is the closest they will ever get to piloting a plane.  Well, I guess I'm not most women.

I married into a family of pilots.  My husband's eldest brother holds a Commercial Pilot's License (CPL) and a helicopter license, his middle brother is a Licensed Aircraft Mechanical Engineer and holds a Private Pilot's License (PPL), and his dad is an ex-PPL who now holds a Microlight License with an "ATO" status instructor rating.  My husband also holds a Microlight License with an instructor rating and he's a current PPL student.

At some early point in our relationship, I went flying with my husband and thought it didn't seem that difficult.  Perhaps it was then that I made up my mind about someday holding my own pilot's license despite knowing that none of the other women in the family had one.  Now a couple of years on from that first flight, I'm finally motivated towards getting my PPL. 

I intend for this blog to be a loose representation of my journey from normal mum to Angelina Jolie status (she's a PPL if you didn't know).  I hope you'll read along and comment...encouragement, criticism, links to your own woman in aviation blogs or websites; it's all welcome here!

PS - If you really want it, that choice airplane spoon and matching runway bib with LED landing lights is available here.

2 comments:

  1. Yay Angelle! This is awesome. My ex has just completed his PPL in the UK and Canada and he loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate! It's a lot of fun. Good luck with your weight loss, I'm reading you too :)

    ReplyDelete